TAC Meetings are are open to anyone interested in participating in the project. Meetings are generally scheduled the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm US Eastern Time. To join, you will need to register for the meetings as listed below:
- Register here for the 2nd Thursday of the Month meeting
- Register here for the 4th Thursday of the Month meeting
For 2022, no TAC meeting will be held on September 22, 2022 (Open Mainframe Summit), November 24th, 2022 (US Thanksgiving), or December 22nd, 2022 (Winter Holidays). Meeting link for October 27th, 2022 meeting here
Meeting notes are posted soon after each meeting, along with recordings, in this directory.
TAC meetings are intended to be the focal point for the technical community of the Open Mainframe Project and it’s hosted projects and working groups. TAC meetings are open to anyone to attend, unless in the exceptional case that there is a sensitive topic to discuss which requires a closed meeting.
TAC meetings will have a defined agenda circulated via the omp-technical@ mailing list the day before the meeting. TAC meetings are led by the TAC Chairperson or whomever they designate ( who should be either another TAC voting member or a member of the Open Mainframe Project staff ). All meetings of the TAC will have both a recording and meeting notes provided soon after the meeting.
Generally topics for a TAC meeting include:
- A project or working group proposal.
- Annual review of a project or working group, or consideration for a project to move to a different stage.
- An invited presentation on a topic of interest to the TAC or the Open Mainframe Project technical community. This might be tooling and infrastructure updates, presentations from related organizations/projects, or other program updates.
TAC meetings are held twice a month, typically on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 1:00pm US Eastern Time, and scheduled for 60 minutes.
You can propose a topic for the TAC by either creating an open issue tagged ‘meeting-agenda’ or pull request tagged ‘meeting-agenda’ up until the day before the meeting. The agenda for the meeting is available shortly after midnight US Eastern Time on the day of the meeting as an issue for review and comment and is sent via email to the TAC email list.
Agenda items will be considered based on the following criteria.
- Any project proposal or review requires the agenda items submitted with the presentation at least 2 weeks prior to the TAC meeting.
- No more than 1 project proposal or 1 review will be part of a TAC meeting ( each expected to take between 30-45 minutes ). Generally in a month the TAC will have at least 1 project proposal and 1 review, but in the case that there are openings an additional project proposal or review may be added at the discretion of the TAC Chairperson.
The TAC has a vested interest in the success of projects within the project lifecycle and active working groups. Projects and working groups are expected to provide updates monthly to the TAC, as well as quarterly updates for the Governing Board.
The TAC will reserve 15 minutes in each of it’s meetings for projects to share any updates or concerns to the TAC, with a priority given to Active Stage, then Incubation Stage, and then finally Sandbox Stage projects.
Table of contents