Open Mainframe Project
John Mertic, Linux Foundation
Phil Tully, ADP *
Berthold Gunreben, SUSE *
Len Santalucia, Vicom Infinity
David Austin, RSM Partners
Glenn Everitt, Compuware
Harry Williams, Marist College
(voting members denoted by asterisks)
Mr. Mertic opened the meeting at 2:05pm. Mr. Mertic presented the following agenda for the meeting:
- Update on Anomaly detection engine for Linux logs
- Finalize TSC project details.
- OpenSUSE build service overview (Mr. Gunreben)
Mr. Mertic acknowledged that there was not a quorum of TSC voting members for this call.
Update on Anomaly detection engine for Linux logs
Mr. Mertic reminded the group that a vote to accept this contribution as a Open Mainframe Project TSC project is active on the mailing list. Mr. Mertic further indicated that there will be a formal announcement via a press release on Tuesday, February 23, 2016, and that the code will be in a new GitHub repo by that time. Mr. Mertic also indicated that this vote would welcome James Caffery, the project maintainer, as a voting member of the TSC.
Finalize TSC project details
Mr. Mertic asked the group to re-review the project list and provide updates (https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openmainframeproject/tsc/projectplanning). Mr. Tully stressed the need to have this done as interns will begin applying to the program next week.
- Develop a JIT for OpenJDK ( Dale Hoffman )
Mr. Hoffman is still looking at bounty source for this.
- Docker – ( Marcel Mitran / Dale Hoffman )
Mr. Mertic said that Mr. Mitran and Mr. Hoffman have provided
- Assess and certify(?) popular Linux management tools for z Systems (e.g. http://www.infoworld.com/article/2683857/network-monitoring/article.html, https://blog.serverdensity.com/80-linux-monitoring-tools-know/) ( Scott Fagen )
Mr. Tully to follow up with Mr. Fagen on this.
- Blockchain performance (https://www.ethereum.org/) - ( Phil Tully / Len Santalucia )
Mr. Tully he will work with Mr. Santalucia in the next week or two to break this down.
OpenSUSE build service overview
Mr. Mertic introduced Mr. Gunreben to provide a presentation on the OpenSUSE build service.
Mr. Santalucia asked if a video recording of this presentation could be put online somewhere. Mr. Gunreben said he would look into that.
The next meeting of the TSC was scheduled for March 3^rd^, 2016 at 1:00pm Eastern Time.
Mr. Mertic closed the meeting at 2:00pm Eastern Time.