Open Mainframe Project TSC Meeting - November 8, 2018
Voting member Attendees:
- Mark Post, SUSE
- Bob Dahlberg, VCU ( Internship )
Voting members not in attendance:
- Enyu Wang, IBM
- Phil Tully, ADP
- James Caffrey, IBM ( ADE )
- Gregory MacKinnon, CA Technologies
- Matt Hogstrom, IBM ( Zowe )
- Joe Devlin, Rocket Software
Quorum NOT achieved.
- John Mertic, Linux Foundation
- Dave Jones
- Russ Herold
- Len Santalucia
- Mike MacIsaac
- Usman Haider
- Rich Troth
- Wolfram Greis
- Top Level Project Updates
- z/VM Cloud Connector
- VCU Capstone program proposal
- Vote for moving Cloudstack on z/VM to Emeritus status via email
- John Mertic to email Cloudstack on z/VM group after moved to Emeritus status to invite to z/VM Cloud Connector project.
- Meeting with Dave Jones, Mike Friesenegger, Neale Ferguson, and Enyu Wang on next steps with Supported Projects Program
Interns presented at OSSEU successfully last month. Bob is working with Mae to get the intern’s stories publicized to get more proposals for 2019. Bob also suggested a blog post as a call for project proposals from the community at large - John to follow up with Mae on this.
No updates from Zowe or ADE.
z/VM Cloud Connector currently in IBM open sourcing process - no timetable for when that will be complete.
Bob shared a proposal for a VCU Capstone project to be funded by the TSC - the ask for funding is $5,000. Attendees generally liked the idea. John said he would take the proposal to the email list to approve.