Meeting held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays unless otherwise stated. Agenda to be posted at: https://github.com/openmainframeproject/tac/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22meeting%22https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/?iso=2023-03-09T18:00:00
All meetings are listed on the Open Mainframe Project calendar at https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/calendar, subject to the mailing lists you are subscribed to.
Meetings are hosted on the LFX Meeting Management platform. More details on how to register are at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/meetings.
A recording of the meeting and the transcript are both available at the link below: https://zoom.us/rec/share/z-2SnfcKnklXF8B611y_RyYZKn-IGAivZd_GFFCdrDuWX7sEa3Bq9CdS_kxUjVbP.9i28QVq6JsFqbr6Y
- Joe Bostian, IBM ( Platinum Member )
- Giancarlo Frix, Rocket Software ( Platinum Member )
- Nikolay Gueorguiev, SUSE ( Platinum Member )
- Andrea Orth ( GenevaERS )
Not in Attendance
- Sean Grady, Rocket Software ( Zowe )
- James Caffrey, IBM ( ADE )
- Sudharsana Srinivasan, IBM ( COBOL Programming Course )
- Steve Conger, ADP ( Platinum Member )
- Gregory MacKinnon, Broadcom ( Platinum Member )
- Phil Tully, Citi ( Platinum Member )
Quorum Not Achieved.
- Yarille Kilborn, The Linux Foundation
- Len Santalucia
- Sam Golob
- Elizabeth Joseph
- Joe Bostian
- Mark Post
- Michael Bauer
Extracted from meeting-agenda labeled issues and pull requests from openmainframeproject/tac before the meeting.
- Annual Review- 3/23 - Feilong #469
- tersedecompress - move it out of Emeritus status #468
- MOE Student User Group #462
- CD Foundation Best Practices SIG #460
- Mainframe Project Onboarding Process #399
- Review upcoming annual reviews ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/process/review_cycle.html )
- Project updates ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/#projects-and-working-groups )
Annual Review- 3/23 - Feilong
MS. Kilborn provided a reminder of the Feilong annual review to take place at the next TAC meeting.
tersedecompress - move it out of Emeritus status
This agenda item will move to the next TAC meeting since the person interested in the project could not make the meeting.
MOE Student User Group
Ms. Kilborn reminded the TAC that the group is still looking for anyone interested in joining them.
CD Foundation Best Practices SIG
Mr. Bauer mentioned the group has yet to be able to meet and therefore there are no updates. He will follow up and get another meeting scheduled.
Review upcoming annual reviews
Ms. Kilborn reviewed the list and dates for future meetings and noted availability for Projects to make changes if needed due to conflicts.
COBOL Programming Course- Mr. Bauer announced a webinar will take place next Wednesday. He mentioned Dave Nicolette from COBOL Check was invited in hopes to integrate that project into the course.
CBT Tape- Mr. Golob provided an update regarding the project and code being developed to help programmers.
Ms. Joseph shared that while there were no updates with Software Discovery Tool or Linux Distribution Working Group, she is looking for someone versed in Python.
Mentorship Program- Ms. Kilborn reminded the group that there is still time to submit mentorship programs for the summer.
Mr. Santalucia and other attendees shared their experiences while attending SHARE in Atlanta.
Mr. Hogstrom asked questions regarding the Mainframe processors. Mr. Santalucia and Mr. Hogstrom began to discuss the current status of the Mainframe at Marist. Mr. Santalucia shared there are meetings taking place and a document outlining the details and plans. Ms. Kilborn shared the document on the screen and informed the group it is accessible on GitHub. \