Open Mainframe Project TAC Meeting - August 12, 2021
Meeting held monthly on the second Thursday of the month unless otherwise stated. Agenda to be posted at https://github.com/openmainframeproject/tac/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22meeting%22
|America/Los_Angeles||Thu 05-Aug-2021 10:00 (10:00 AM)|
|America/Denver||Thu 05-Aug-2021 11:00 (11:00 AM)|
|America/Chicago||Thu 05-Aug-2021 12:00 (12:00 PM)|
|America/New_York||Thu 05-Aug-2021 13:00 (01:00 PM)|
|Europe/London||Thu 05-Aug-2021 18:00 (06:00 PM)|
|Europe/Amsterdam||Thu 05-Aug-2021 19:00 (07:00 PM)|
|Asia/Shanghai||Fri 06-Aug-2021 01:00 (01:00 AM)|
|Asia/Tokyo||Fri 06-Aug-2021 02:00 (02:00 AM)|
Or in your local time:
All meetings are listed on the Open Mainframe Project calendar at https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/calendar, subject to the mailing lists you are subscribed to.
Conference call details
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/290221938
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,290221938# or +16699006833,,290221938#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 290 221 938
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=4ywiZErrEEDIHL6VXNjfZ-PXcfjeWMjs
Voting member rollcall:
- Phil Tully, ADP ( Platinum Member )
- Gregory MacKinnon, Broadcom ( Platinum Member )
- vacant, IBM ( Platinum Member )
- Tatiana Balaburkina, Rocket Software ( Platinum Member )
- Mark Post, SUSE ( Platinum Member )
- James Caffrey, IBM ( ADE )
- Sudharsana Srinivasan, IBM ( COBOL Programming Course )
- Bob Dahlberg, VCU ( Mentorship )
- Sean Grady ( Zowe )
Extracted from meeting-agenda labeled issues and pull requests from openmainframeproject/tac prior to the meeting.
- GenevaERS annual review #242
- Review/approve principles #250
- POC for LFX Chat/Matrix #191
- Project updates ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/#projects-and-working-groups )
John Mertic, LF Len Santalucia, Vicom Infinity and LFOMP Governing Board Chair Kip Twitchell, IBM, GenevaERS Project Indranil Mandal, Software Development Tool Project Divya Goswami, Software Development Tool Project Randall Ness, GeneavERS Architect Andrea Orth, GenevaERS Assistant TSC Chair Chien Yueh, ASG/Rocket Matt Hogstrom, Broadcom, Zowe Ingo Adlung, IBM David Edelsohn, IBM
GenevaERS Review Points. Here are the results of the GenevaERS Project work over the last years, for the TAC consideration:
- The Java Workbench source code is released: https://github.com/genevaers/wb
- The z/OS Assembler Performance Engine code is released: https://github.com/genevaers/pe
- The Demo system is available for download, with instructions: https://github.com/genevaers/demo#readme
- The Performance Engine Executables are downloadable: https://github.com/genevaers/demo/releases
- A One Minute GenevaERS Video is released: https://youtu.be/588SK8zVa30
- A Two Minute Video as well, which gives a bit more detail to the how: https://youtu.be/ROTOPo7X7Cc
Motion to approve GenevaERS graduation by Mr. Tully, seconded by Mr. Post. Approved unanimously.
Principles presented to the group, all generally liked the principles
Motion to approve the principles by Mr. Post, seconded by Mr. Tully. Approved unanimously.
- Mentorship - looking for projects for fall and winter
- Zowe, working on next PI and principles
- Mainframe Open Education, team is working on initial content and getting it open sourced. Will be presenting at Z day and Open Mainframe Summit.
- Software Discovery tool adding OpenSUSE and latest Fedora release - working on final deployment to a server next week. Looking for z/OS package list maintainer.
- Zorow - SHARE session yesterday, working on getting more interest.
- Open z/OS Enablement working group, lower activity lately, but there has been agreement on building a sample application for accessing z/OS, looking into on ecosystem enhancements to help bring in new individuals.
Mr. Mertic shared news announcement of Open Mainframe Summit schedule ( https://www.openmainframeproject.org/press/2021/08/12/open-mainframe-project-announces-the-full-schedule-for-the-2nd-annual-open-mainframe-summit-on-september-22-23 )