Meeting held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month unless otherwise stated. Agenda to be posted at https://github.com/openmainframeproject/tac/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22meeting%22
All meetings are listed on the Open Mainframe Project calendar at https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/calendar, subject to the mailing lists you are subscribed to.
Meetings are hosted on the LFX Meeting Management platform. More details on how to register are at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/meetings.
A recording of the meeting and the transcript are both available at the link below.
Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws.
Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.
- Sean Grady, Rocket Software ( Zowe )
- Andrea Orth
Quorum Not Achieved.
Not in Attendance
- vacant, ADP ( Platinum Member )
- Gregory MacKinnon, Broadcom ( Platinum Member )
- Phil Tully, Citi ( Platinum Member )
- Joe Bostian, IBM ( Platinum Member )
- Giancarlo Frix, Rocket Software ( Platinum Member )
- Mark Post, SUSE ( Platinum Member )
- James Caffrey, IBM ( ADE )
- Sudharsana Srinivasan, IBM ( COBOL Programming Course )
- Bob Dahlberg, VCU ( Mentorship )
- John Mertic, Linux Foundation
- Yarille Kilborn, Linux Foundation
- Cam Seay
- Dan Horák
- Elizabeth Joseph
- Len Santalucia
- David Edelson
- Alex Kim
Extracted from meeting-agenda labeled issues and pull requests from openmainframeproject/tac prior to the meeting.
- Review Maintainer and Member Survey results #382
- COBOL Working Group Annual Review- 8/25 #371
- Reminders on Open Mainframe Summit #338
- Review upcoming annual reviews ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/process/review_cycle.html )
- Project updates ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/#projects-and-working-groups )
Reminders on Open Mainframe Summit- Coming up in a month. If a project would like to host a meeting, there is space available. Reach out to us to secure space.
COBOL Working Group Annual Group- Mr. Seay provided an annual review for the COBOL Working Group. He noted that statistics are indicating COBOL is experiencing an increase and not a decline. They are up to 104 members and participation has increased. Ms. Joseph asked for slide decks to help others when asked about COBOL.There is not a quorum so the vote to renew will be taken via email.
Review Maintainer and Member Survey results- Surveys were sent to members and project maintainers. Results show the majority of respondents see value in Brand amplification. They feel connected with benefits and staff regarding needs and see the TAC as supporting. Mr. Santalucia asked what we will do with surveys. We will as a staff look at results and look how to improve and in this case, how we can increase marketing visibility.
Ms. Joseph- Will be talking at the Open Mainframe Summit. Software Discovery Group has been working on the mentorship, mainly on moving the text space backend to a database. They have added a new Z/OS Open Source on Github.
Zowe- Mr. Grady is at Share. There is a large representation at Share. He is getting word out about V2. Working on code freeze for 2.3 next week.