Meeting held monthly on the second and fourth Thursdays unless otherwise stated. Agenda posted at: https://github.com/openmainframeproject/tac/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22meeting%22
All meetings are listed on the Open Mainframe Project calendar at: https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/calendar, subject to the mailing lists you are subscribed to.
Meetings are hosted on the LFX Meeting Management platform. More details on how to register are at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/meetings.
A recording of the meeting and the transcript are both available at the link below: https://zoom.us/rec/share/caXenK0CkWIDoZt3Pmm4GjG40WMtjkIZ-4JmlbVlYttETmCu0TdqAKloD1rfbDWn.Oi0U9u5TLdIvsW3e
Attendance Voting member:
- Joe Bostian, IBM ( Platinum Member )
- Giancarlo Frix, Rocket Software ( Platinum Member )
- Nikolay Gueorguiev, SUSE ( Platinum Member )
- Sudharsana Srinivasan, IBM ( COBOL Programming Course )
- Andrea Orth ( GenevaERS )
- Sean Grady, Rocket Software ( Zowe )
Not in Attendance
- Steve Conger, ADP ( Platinum Member )
- Phil Tully, Citi ( Platinum Member )
- Gregory MacKinnon, Broadcom ( Platinum Member )
- James Caffrey, IBM ( ADE )
- John Mertic
- Yarille Kilborn
- Kip Twitchell
- Elizabeth Joseph
- Daniel Horák
- Catie Mooney
- Hiren Shah
Extracted from meeting-agenda labeled issues and pull requests from openmainframeproject/tac prior to the meeting.
- MOE Student User Group #462
- CD Foundation Best Practices SIG #460
- Review ambassador application rankings #456
- Mainframe Project Onboarding Process #399
- Review upcoming annual reviews ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/process/review_cycle.html )
- Project updates ( list at https://tac.openmainframeproject.org/#projects-and-working-groups )
MOE Student User Group Will move this to the next meeting as there was no one to move this to the next meeting
Ambassador application rankings There was a discussion about the number of new ambassadors that should be accepted. After a consensus, a resolution was presented to accept 10 of the top-ranked applicants.
-Mr. Bostian presented a motion to accept the new class of Ambassadors. Mr. Frix seconded the motion to approve the new class of Ambassadors and all members were in favor.
OPEN z/OS Enablement Annual Review
Mr. Twitchell advised there is low engagement. Mr. Twitchell asked the group their thoughts on what resources would be needed if the OMP Mainframe took off. The group discussed moving the project to Emeritus Status.
-A motion was made by Mr. Grady to move into an Emeritus status. It was seconded by Mr. Bostian and all members were in favor.
CD Foundation Best Practices SIG
Mr. Mertic reminded the group of the upcoming meeting and invited those interested to attend.
Zorrow Annual Review Mr. Shah shared that contribution is still slow. IBM is a main contributor and supporter but it remains with low engagement. Mr. Shah asked the TAC what they need to keep the project moving since there is not a lot of contribution. He is interested in maintaining the project space in the event they go into “dormancy” or Emeritus status. Mr. Bostian believes Mr. Shah is headed in the right direction with moving into Emeritus considering the project’s current state.
-Mr. Frix presented a motion to place the Zorrow Project in an Emeritus status. Ms. Srinivasan seconded the motion and all were in favor.
Zowe- 2.7 will be released next week.
Mentorships- We continue to accept programs for the summer term. Mr. Grady shared that there are several interested and that will be submitting information.