- Requirements for becoming an official Open Mainframe Ambassador
- Expected Time Commitments
- Ambassador Benefits
- Are you interested in becoming an official Open Mainframe Ambassador?
- Code of Conduct
Open Mainframe Ambassadors (OMAs) are individuals who are passionate about open source and mainframe, our projects, and modern technology. The influencers and evangelists are already engaged with an Open Mainframe Project host project in some way, including contributing to forums, online groups, community events, etc. They are willing to share their expertise and help others learn about the hosted projects and community.
The Open Mainframe Ambassador Program exists to empower community members with the tools and resources needed to:
- Promote open source on the mainframe
- Educate a local community on the Open Mainframe Project mission
- Contribute to Open Mainframe Project hosted projects
Ambassadors can serve indefinitely, with their ambassadorship renewed yearly
- Affiliated with an Open Mainframe Project member OR is a contributor to an Open Mainframe Project hosted project.
- Willing to speak at community events, write technical content such as blog posts and be interviewed for articles, podcasts or other marketing and educational materials.
- Participate in at least one Open Mainframe Project asset per half of year ( Jan-June, July-Dec ). Examples include:
- Submitting a blog post for the Open Mainframe website
- Participating in an interview (TechStrong TV, TFIR, or other)
- Submitting a speaking abstract on behalf of the project
- Speaking at a conference or tradeshow
- Leading a meetup
- Speaking at a webinar
- Report back on your activities for our end-of-year survey and report.
Failure to do so may result in removal from the Ambassador Program.
With the goal of promoting the Open Mainframe Project and its hosted projects around the globe, we are offering the following benefits for our Ambassadors:
- Recognition as an Open Mainframe Ambassador with an exclusive badge and listing on the Open Mainframe Project website.
- Annual gift certificate to purchase swag from OMP Store for any speaking opportunities
- Participate in a quarterly ambassador call to network with other ambassadors and learn more about what is coming up in the Open Mainframe Project.
- Discount to attend Open Mainframe Project hosted events and invites to speak at other events globally on behalf of Open Mainframe Project.
- Blogging opportunities (including Open Mainframe Project blog, Zowe Medium blog, and other industry-leading editions).
- Social media promotion support.
The Open Mainframe Ambassador program follows the Open Mainframe Project Code of Conduct.
The Open Mainframe Project TAC reviews applications annually and invites a select number of applicants to serve as ambassadors.
If you are a current Open Mainframe Ambassador, you do not need to re-apply to continue being an Open Mainframe Ambassador for the following year.
If you applied to be an Open Mainframe Ambassador in the past and were not accepted, you do need to re-apply before the announced deadline to be considered for being an Open Mainframe Ambassador for the following year.
No. We will only follow up if you accept your application.
Ambassadors can request to be put in emeritus status if they like to step down from active engagement but still be invited to participate in calls and the community. If an ambassador decides to become more active again, emeritus ambassadors are always welcome to be reinstated as full Open Mainframe Ambassadors.